1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Bleed oil pump

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Kathie44, 24 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kathie44

Kathie44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a danfosss bfp11. Photo attached. I have tried to bleed using the lower port in the picture but did not work. Now I think I may have been adjusting the pressure. Have retightened. Can I go ahead and try to bleed with the upper port or should a call it quits and call a plumber

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Gasop

Gasop

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A plumber would most likely have as much idea of how to vent an oil pump as you.

Yes you have been trying to vent from the wrong place and would likely cause a lot of damage
    If the boiler was to fire.

You need to get in a technician experienced in oil.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oil pressure will need resetting.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Call an OFTEC Registered Engineer - you'll have made a right hash of the pressure doing that. Be prepared for possibly needing a new pump, as they don't take too kindly to having their pressure screw turned to the limits of its travel

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. oilboffin

oilboffin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The bleed is the grub screw with the brass shank but you've really disturbed the oil pressure and you'll need it reseting or replacing.Bob

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Kathie44

Kathie44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Many thanks for the help. On the advice above I got a technician out and thankfully didn't need the pump replaced. Only moved in 2 months ago but he said the boiler hadn't been serviced and oil not really flowing freely. Changing to gas in a few weeks so hopefully it will keep going until then!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links