Bleeding a Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a some advise on bleeding a radiator. In my flat I drained and removed a radiator to get it repainted. I've refitted it and can't get any air out of it. It's a combi boiler system feeding 6 radiators. After I reconnected the valves and opened them I could hear the water flowing for a few seconds then it stopped. I did this with the bleed nipple removed but no air came out. The boiler showed a drop in pressure so re charged that and tried running the system. Everything else heating up ok but still no air coming out. Is there a method of getting it bled or do I need assistance.

Alan

Sponsored Links
Whip vent pin out and poke vent orifice with one of the wifes sewing needles, bit of gunk in vent hole, but be sure to replace vent pin a bit sharpish!!

Sponsored Links
No prob then ,as long as he's quick off the mark and has a bit of kitchen paper at the ready :?:WHAT would you suggest??

perhaps.
worst case scenario.
air rushes out. diy panics. drops & cant find bleed vent. perhaps loosing it between floorboards. black water shoots over new wallpaper & new rug missis just bought.
all for the sake of 30seconds.

perhaps.
worst case scenario.
air rushes out. diy panics. drops & cant find bleed vent. perhaps loosing it between floorboards. black water shoots over new wallpaper & new rug missis just bought.
all for the sake of 30seconds.

FFS Always look on the bright side of life,give your head a right good shake!

Thanks for the replies, managed to break my bleed key doing the vent up the other night so will get a new one and try again.

I've noticed that the warning light on the boiler for low water has been flashing a lot over the last couple of days and I've been refilling it, so guessing that the system is settling down and requires topping up as the air works it's way through

I'll try clearing the vent first to see if there is any gunge in there before I switch it on.

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back