bleeding ford mondeo mk3 brakes(yes another brake question l

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after changing the calipers a few months ago ibled the brakes following the "book" .after doing it and driving it i wasnt 100% happy cos the pedal was a bit spongy.anyway last weekend i had another go and im still not 100%.there must still be some air somewhere..little buggers!!. the calipers were both on the rear but i bled all the circiut so i thought.im gonna have another go 2morrow..ive got my teeth in now ,i dont wanna let this beat me!!
incidently the bleed kit is a 1 man or 2 as it were as one is pressing the pedal(piece of tube with what looks like a one way valve on the end.)
before i have another bash,,i just want to clear summat up.do i replace the filler cap when i have topped up the fluid as i am draining or do i leave it of..the latter suggests to me that as the level is dropping,air is getting drawn in???ive been leaving it of which may be causing a problem??also i hope i havnt buggered any seals by pessing the pedal right to the floor pan.anybody got any ideas??maybe we could make this into a sticky thread.

Sponsored Links
Leaving the filler cap off will not allow air to be drawn into the system; letting the fluid level drop too low, will do so. I find it best to rest the cap on the reservoir, as a precaution against dirt dropping in, and to keep checking the level and topping up if necessary.

Sometimes air bubbles can get trapped and stay in the system instead of being bled out. You can try raising the affected end of the vehicle, or tapping the calipers lightly to dislodge any bubbles.

Also note that it's possible to draw air back into the system by undoing the bleed screws too much.

thank you for your advice xerces. at such a late hour. ive been on afters lol.
maybe i should be a little more patient in gettin the air out

Sponsored Links
Back