Block and beam floors covered in mortar slurry

Sponsored Links
Maybe it wasn't level? Or wasn't the right level? Is it a real or theoretical floor, if real, whose floor is it, who laid it, and why don't they know?

It's standard practice to grout the floor, as it fills any small gaps between the units.

Maybe it wasn't level? Or wasn't the right level? Is it a real or theoretical floor, if real, whose floor is it, who laid it, and why don't they know?
It's my floor, and it wasn't slurry'd before the DPM went down. So I was trying to establish the reason for slurry and any consequences from it not being done.

Sponsored Links
AFAIK it's just to stop the floor deflecting a lot when you put the screed down. Once the screed's down though, it'll be as solid as a rock, with or without grouting.

I also think it might be to try and prevent damage when block laying inside.

If you look at your bnb spec it will say it needs grouting, bc also normally look for it. It locks all the blocks together and makes the floor into one big slab.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back