Block cutting with reciprocating saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any diamond blades for a recip saw capable of cutting blocks?. I Only need to trim a few for gable ladder noggin purposes but don't want to use a 9 inch cutter at height. The blocks are 3.5 fibolites.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, there are recip saw blades will melt thru blocks. Lennox, Milwaukee & De Walt in that order.
Its typically a job for a circular saw or grinder.
But why not measure at height and use your 9" to cut on the ground?

There are tungsten tipped blades for this. Bosch ones are most common in the shops.

Or cut a few blocks into 65mm brick sized portions on the ground, and these are easier to build around the ladder, and trim with your trowel/ brick hammer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. I'm at the point where I need to get the gable wall up and steel ridge in place so that I know exactly where the ladder will land. I have a rough idea and the outline is mocked up with battens, but it's going to end up 20mm either way. I'm building as little of the wall as possible so that I can in-fill after the ladder is done, but keeping a good bond on the blocks means I'm forced to put a block down here and there that I know will probably cause a conflicts later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back