Block pave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our block pave drive is slopping towards the house, which I am not keen on, can anyone recommend some sort of drainage that does not look too unsightly.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've had the same problem at my house although the rain gathered in one corner. I was able to put in a grid and connect into a near storm drain.
My son has the same problem but he's got slabs. We're putting in a clarks drain going the full width of the house and the going into a man hole which is very close by.

I think mine is called "safetycurb"

it is a concrete block about 200mm sq and 1000mm long, there is a pipe cast through it and a slot in the top. You lay the top flush with your paving. Water runs through the slot and along the pipe part to your drain. You lay them all along in front of the house or wherever else you might put a gutter. It is basically a trough with a safe top. They are quite heavy.

you can walk or drive over it in safety as the slot is only about 20mm wide.

have an inspection access at intervals as it gets mud and grit in the bottom and you can't really clear it through the slot.

there is a sort with a metal grid, but this can get rucked up.

Sponsored Links
If its not pooling and there is a fall to somewhere then simply lift a few courses of the paving next to the wall, pack them up and relay them falling away from the wall.

If it pools in places or this would lead to pooling then ignore. But surely whoever laid them put a fall in one direction at least.

I bought the clarks drains from B&Q. I dont know if they're priced wrong at nearly £6 per metre run including glavanised slotted grid plate as they're about £17 on the internet. B&Q also sell clarks drains with plastic tops which are cheaper. Both systems are designed to drive over.
I think marshalls do a trough to suit the block paving aswell
www.marshalls.co.uk/transform/products/driveway-range/kerbs-and-edgings/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back