1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Block paving a huge area in sections?

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by LongEarsShortLegs, 5 Jul 2018.

1. LongEarsShortLegs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cracking on with my house nicely, garden looks like a bombsite but just sorting it bit by bit.

Hoping to get a digger in next week or 2 to dig out a large area and move a retaining wall back.

Just running into a bit of a stumbling block with regards block paving, got a huge ( for me) area to do,I've laid a 12sq m path before and did it over a weekend after prepping and edging the previous week and just screeded sand Saturday morning, laid blocks Saturday, did cuts and sanded and whacked on a Sunday.

Issues I have this time round is the area is 4 times the size and despite my best efforts and using mates to help I don't think I'll be able to get it done ( with more cuts due to the layout ) in anything like that timescale.

Got concerns if it rains before it's all laid that my levels will get washed out of whack. Any experienced people got advice ?? ( short of start 3 weeks ago when it hasn't rained since!!)