Block paving a huge area in sections?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cracking on with my house nicely, garden looks like a bombsite but just sorting it bit by bit.

Hoping to get a digger in next week or 2 to dig out a large area and move a retaining wall back.

Just running into a bit of a stumbling block with regards block paving, got a huge ( for me) area to do,I've laid a 12sq m path before and did it over a weekend after prepping and edging the previous week and just screeded sand Saturday morning, laid blocks Saturday, did cuts and sanded and whacked on a Sunday.

Issues I have this time round is the area is 4 times the size and despite my best efforts and using mates to help I don't think I'll be able to get it done ( with more cuts due to the layout ) in anything like that timescale.

Got concerns if it rains before it's all laid that my levels will get washed out of whack. Any experienced people got advice ?? ( short of start 3 weeks ago when it hasn't rained since!!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back