Block Paving Drainage Channel (With Pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Due to the small area of block paving in my garden falling slightly towards the house I have purchased some clarke drainage channel.

What is the best way to connect this into the 4" plastic drain that is already underneath the paving (there was a push fit gulley in this 4" pipe but I popped that out to take a look at the set up).

As seen in one pic there look like there is 4" cut out, is there a direct way of connecting to the bottom of the channel and popping it straight into to 4" pipe under the paving?

View media item 35236 View media item 35237 View media item 35238 View media item 35239

Sponsored Links
It looks like one of these......
1_6.jpg
.....in the image, with one of these pushed in the top....
D005003.jpg

...perhaps?

Fit one of these....
back-inlet-hopper-150x150.jpg

....instead.

If you no longer needed the drain grid, you could connect straight down into the gully from the drain channel with the correct connector.

You really do need a gully between the channel and the pipework proper to collect silt, etc.
With Noseall's solution you will always have access to clean out the gulley and for rodding, assuming there is access at the moment. Whereas a straight fall into the gulley would minimise access in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back