Block paving drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have block paving at the front of my house which was done by the property developers. However I am looking to extend it giving me more drive space. The developers didn't not put any of those channel drainage and the land slopes gradually to soil. When I get it extended,t here will still be soil on the end and it will also slope slightly towards the soil. The question is, is it a legal requirement to put actual drainage connecting the plumbing ?

Sponsored Links
Think so, or some of those plastic soakaway crates.

The idea is that surface water doesn't run off into the road or potentially overload the drainage system, but soaks away in situ: some forms of block paving are permeable, maybe yours?

Blup

Last edited:
If it drains onto Your Land it's ok.
If not you may have to do a soak away and drain channel

Yes there are two sides that need draining and both are sloped gradually to soil that I have shrubs on which is my land. So if it's my land I don't need to legally add soak away and drain channel? It's a new.build and the developers didn't put drain channels either. All I am doing is widening and increasing the length. Will soil be able to drain the water?

Sponsored Links
You should be fine ,if you get a bit off water hanging around then you may need to change the soil for a gravel area etc.
Clay can be a pain..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back