block shed on slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My garden slopes downhill away from my house.

I want to build a block shed at the bottom of my garden. It will be about 4m x 5m and will go up to the fence on both sides.

I've looked on the planning portal website and it mentions that any outbuilding within 2m of the boundary must have a maximum height of 2.5m.

As its on a downhill slope does the rear have a maximum height allowance of 2.5m as well?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Freddy

So having max height of 2.5 m at front and 3.3m at rear will be ok?

Quote from the technical guidance (page 41)

If any part of the building, container or enclosure is within two metres of the boundary of the area around then house, then the height limit for the whole development is restricted to 2.5 metres if it is to be permitted development.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I'm being thick so bear with me please.

I understand that it's 2.5m max height from highest ground so in my case I'm building on a downhill slope. The front will be 2.5m high and as long as I keep a flat roof will I be ok as the rear wall would be more than 2.5m high as it's starting from lower down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back