Blockage in Hansgrohe Raindrain 90 XXL Shower Waste system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my bathroom renovated back in 2017 and had a Hansgrohe Raindrain 90 XXL Shower Waste system fitted in the shower. Over the past few weeks, I have noticed the water draining very slowly to the point where the shower is becoming hard to use.

I have used 'One Shot' drain cleaner which has slightly helped. Can anyone recommend how I can dismantle the top part of the waste system to see if there is any blockage? I did call in a plumber who had one of those flexible steel coils but there was no way for the coil to feed through. He also used a pressure power plunger but that made little difference :confused:

Sponsored Links
Fook me, £107 for a shower trap :oops: o_O:eek:

Looks like the mushroom cap lifts off and then the plug is removed - Install Instr - Pg 7

Wet vac would be the next thing to try if that doesn't work

Thanks @Madrab. I’ve removed the plug but didn’t find anything inside to suggest a blockage. I think I’ll need to get in touch with Hangrohe to see what they suggest as I don’t have a wet vac.

Sponsored Links
I’ve removed the plug but didn’t find anything inside to suggest a blockage
That would then suggest that it's not not the shower trap but further downstream in the waste run, that's probably what HG will say.

Not much of a plumber though TBH, if he didn't have a wet vac.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back