Blockage? Not sure.

Sponsored Links
I counted at least two times when Danstace clearly asked "are you sure the lockshield is open?"

Eventually the OP admits "I haven't tried the lockshield yet"

Makes you wonder why you pro's bother on here.....

As for thanks, in spite of the constant assistance given by Danstace - don't hold your breath.....

Hold on, firstly there is no need to start using abusive language.

Secondly, I did say thanks:

Thank you for your suggestions, it seems that the lockshield was completely closed preventing the water from circulating. Now I don't have to freeze at night!

Finally, I didn't want to admit it but my friend is training as a plumber and has nearly finished his course, he has already done a number of radiators and associated pipework and fitted a number of bathrooms (toilets, showers, sinks etc) and I hadn't checked the lockshield because I trusted that he would have checked this first before getting stumped but clearly this was wrong of me.

Your expertise are very much appreciated but your abusive tongues are not so welcome.

Sponsored Links
I expect he wants you to push the thanks button, like I want people to push the thanks button after I have spent time typing replys, drawing diagrams and looking through regulations books. The thanks button makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :LOL:

++++++++++++
edited by mod

The abuse by another user has been noted and removed
++++++++++++

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.3 times you mentioned it dan you deserve a thanks for your persistence at least.

Did I ever use any abusive language?

We appreciate clicking the thanks button because the left hand side of out posts shows the number of thanks we have received. The more the better.

In my case its not very realistic because I had made a lot of posts before the thanks button was added to the site. Its typical to get about 10% of our posts thanked.

Tony

I've now had 2 posts on this thread removed. No explanation, no comment from the mod.

Anyone else had this on a thread? Is it usual?

Or did JohnD just have a bad Christmas?

I've now had 2 posts on this thread removed. No explanation, no comment from the mod.

Anyone else had this on a thread? Is it usual?

Or did JohnD just have a bad Christmas?
No. What did you say? Mods usually remove abusive posts only

I quoted what the OP said, except I put asterisks where he put swearing. His post remained (but now removed with a Mod comment) mine was pulled.

Put simply, I pointed out that the only person using abusive language on this thread was the OP.

My tone wasn't aggressive or abusive. Still puzzled.

Thanks for asking, Norton.

Snes, I think it was Dan who originally called me a YOU KNOW WHAT which has led to all subsequent posts referencing said abusive language being removed/edited.

I have said thank you on all counts and have been grateful for the knowledge imparted. I am sorry if saying it isn't enough, it's just odd that you have to essentially say thanks twice in the form of a comment and the use of a button, which I hasten to add isn't actually that obvious, I can't even see the button now.

Thanks for that, Sd, it now makes perfect sense.

You see, that is the danger when mods just pull posts - everything is left out of context. If they had left Dan's post (and mine) in, but with a Mod's comment, it would all have made sense.

Note to Mod - read and understand please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back