Blocked heat transfer plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi HE combi, it is less than 12 months old. The heat exchange plate has blocked up for the second time in a couple of weeks. Although the system was power washed before installation, i have been told that the only solution is to replace all my radiators.

Is there a cheaper option than this?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
had one similarabout 4 yr ago. after 18 month i changed the rads and no problems since.

if you are going to change the radiators i would suggest putting in a magnaclean or boiler buddy, to prevent any problems later on

Sounds like it wasn't flushed properly :rolleyes: You don't need to replace your radiators fella. Just get a competent guy to flush correctly, the installer didn't do a good job by the sounds of it... You need an RGI to check your system water, simple test .... Then fit a magnaclean on the return ;)

Sponsored Links
can you not fit an inline filter on the return pipe? this would collect all the crud a stop valve either side would allow for regular cleaning

if the rads are so far gone internally i would recommend replacement.

Baxi has a filter already in its return.
Something does not sound right if its been flushed properly then it should not be blocking.
As oppossed to changing rads take them off and flush them properly with a hose outside, this is far mor affective than any power flush

Has the valve with the built in filter been fitted on the return to the boiler? Is it being cleaned regularly?

Has the filling loop been fitted to the return?

Anyone fitting a Magnaclean properly will add a gauze filter washer to the outlet to trap non magnetic bits of dirt.

Tony

Anyone fitting a Magnaclean properly will add a gauze filter washer to the outlet to trap non magnetic bits of dirt.

Tony

Tony,

While this is true, getting them can be a little harder than it sounds when your local merchant doesn't appear to stock them anymore., i heard BES sell them but can never find them, where do you get yours from Tony

BES and then I scatter them around a bit to make it easier to find one.

Some washing machine shops have them too.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I found them but no 28mm ones? I will keep looking for them

Thanks Again

I dont ever remember seeing a 28 mm filter washer.

Yet again, I do have to say that Chris Adey should be getting them made up and supplied with his products!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back