Blocked Manhole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you eating? Good. I'll begin... ;)

Just got some drain rods & braved the blocked manhole in our garage, which unfortunately is shared with next door. :eek:

Let's just say it was full to the brim. Any more & the pressure would have forced off the manhole & flooded the garage with sewage...

But I must say it's very satisfying doing the job (no pun intended) for a fraction of what the big boys charge.

And while I was doing it, I played a game...spot the foodstuff...

Raisins, carrot, peas, sweetcorn, red pepper, all recognisable.

If I were hard up, I would have fished them out, rinsed them off and recycled them. ;)

Sponsored Links
If I were hard up, I would have fished them out, rinsed them off and recycled them.

And why do you have to be 'hard up' to recycle?
Just think of the waste you have created by not recycling!

:LOL: :LOL:

you try working on a sewerage plant..

the stuff that the screens fish out is amazing..
false teeth, diaphrams, glass eyes, allsorts..

and yes the sheer volume of sweetcorn and peas evident in the grit classifiers is astounding..

my brother ( who works for the same firm I used to ) once dropped his glasses into the channel and had to fish them out and rinse them off for the journey home....

Sponsored Links
you try working on a sewerage plant..

Go there, do that and fell in! And by now should have 2 dozen T-shirts! :LOL:[/quote]

HEY! Maybe you're onto something!

Will's phone has gone down the manhole!

Hope you found the cause of blockage ...
:D

Well, yes and no. I'm not sure what was stopping the slurry from entering the main sewer, unless something snagged on a rough bit of pipe, but I did find a huge chunk of concrete building block partially blocking the exit pipe. It could not have been flushed down the loo, but I'm positive it was not in there last time I looked.

Hang on..... BOYS!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back