Blocked pipes - will a chemical flush work?

Yes it can do, but usually when you’re frequently topping pressure up or no inhibitor was added.

Sponsored Links
Yes it can do, but usually when you’re frequently topping pressure up or no inhibitor was added.
Ahh! I had a problem with low pressure so had to keep topping it up every week for about 6 months. Then the baxi man did something to the boiler....maybe with the heat exchanger? The plumber did say he had added a inhibitor and had that magnetic thing on the boiler too. Do you think that has caused the problem?

It’s possible, depends on when inhibitor was added. If you were topping up after it was added then you have been diluting the dose by adding fresh oxygenated water.

Yes the inhibitor was added in 2014 when the boiler was installed. So do you think I've been diluting it to the point that it's not worked? Which would mean if I can unblock the system then it should go back to working ok?

Sponsored Links
If you can remove all blockages then there is every chance the system will work as it once did.
The whys and wherefores are to a
degree irrelevant ,the question is HOW to go about removing the blockages.
That depends on the severity of the Blockage ,and without circulation adding chemicals like x400 simply will not work. Flushing may do ,but severely ,solidly blocked pipework often needs replacing.

So I've decided to get the system power flushed and just hope and pray it works. The plumber can't come for another 10 days and it's freezing. If I try and put the heating on will it have a damaging effect on anything? The filter on my boiler has been cleaned so if I put the heating on whilst the pipes are still bunged up will I make the filter clogged up again? Thanks for any help!

So I've decided to get the system power flushed and just hope and pray it works. The plumber can't come for another 10 days and it's freezing. If I try and put the heating on will it have a damaging effect on anything? The filter on my boiler has been cleaned so if I put the heating on whilst the pipes are still bunged up will I make the filter clogged up again? Thanks for any help!

The filter is SUPPOSED to capture sediment, and can hold a lot. This will not harm it.

She said a combi boiler, so doubtful it’s a cwsc if she’s correct. If it worked before, I’m struggling to understand why all of a sudden there’s a blockage.

I suppose X400 concentrate could be put in the filter, but we need to see photos of it.

For £16.79 it seems a shame not to try.

Could have done it by now.

I suppose X400 concentrate could be put in the filter, but we need to see photos of it.

Could have done it by now

Could have done it by now.

If I knew how to do it I would have done as it definitely sounds like good advice. I don't even know how to access the filter and don't want to risk making matters worse!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back