Blocked Shared Rainwater Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening

I am after some advice next door up from me has the main drain for the guttering for the 6 houses above to the top of the street. This drain goes from next door to the main road drain outside my house. The drain appears yo be blocked and when it rains it floods and comes into my garden. Ive also noticed that the soil bubbles in my front garden when the drain starts to overflow so im thonking the drain has broken under my garden.

My question is seen as this drain does not drain my house but all those up from me and doesnt start on my land am I liable for the reporting and repair of any blockage?

Any help greatly appreciated

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
If the drain serves more than one property it is the waterboard's responsibility. If you don't report it who do you suppose will?

I would report it if its starting to ruin your front garden, thats just not acceptable. Good luck with what ever you choose to do though :).

Sponsored Links
the main road drain outside my house
Do you mean main sewer? Was your house built after the block of 6?. Its just that they might have been built with a soak a way, which when your house was built, now lies under your garden. Also most domestic sewerage is in 4", most main sewer are at least 6" and there is a manhole at the transition, so both pipes can be rodded clear. if this manhole was under your garden and some one has modified it so its now under the soil, earth and plant roots might have blocked it.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back