blocked sink??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got my washing machine in the kitchen, the water released from the washing machine will go up the sink and thus blocking it.

what Should I do?

Sponsored Links
Take apart what you can reaqch and poke a drain spring down the pipes for as far as you can. Flush with boiling water.

Sponsored Links
The explanation seems fine to me. Or should a competent moderator step in and interpret?

amira01, there's little doubt that your washing machine waste combines with the waste from your kitchen sink, and that you have a partial blockage after the point where they combine.

It's also possible that you have a blocked gully outside (if you have a gully).

The cheapest and easiest thing to try first would be a proprietary cleaner. If you want a suggestion then I would use this one:

foamer.jpg

Wait until all water has drained away before trying that option. If it doesn't work then you'll have to take the trap off, and whatever part of the waste comes apart, and clean the pipes manually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back