Blocked sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help if someone can lead me into the right direction. Every time I let the water empty from the kitchen sink, the waste comes up into the bathroom sink. The bathroom is located behind the kitchen.

I have tried all sorts of drain cleaners. I have also tried using a plunger( in the bathroom sink that ends up with the waste)I do the the air vents whilst doing this.
At this present moment I have water standing in the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink is empty.

So please could someone give me advice. Thank you[/b]

Sponsored Links
Drain cleaners can often make things worse! You need to undo the waste joints as far as you can to find the blockage then poke something down it to remove it. You can buy a long flexible drain clearing 'thingy' that has a hook on the end. it is only about the diameter of a pencil and is flexible enough to go round waste bends ;)

:D

I would like to say a big thank you to you guys who gave me a reply back.

Anyway this morning I faced a blocked sink. So I thought mmmmmmm and started to unscrew the piping all the way to where it disappeared into the wall. Next I got an old garden hose and threaded it down the pipe until it stopped. I then kept turning and pushing extra pressure to the hose........then the hose began to move again, I actually cleared the blockage.
Can I say that this took me 2 and a half hours ...every joint kept leaking on me, wasn't feeling in a good mood at the time caused me loads of stress.

In the end I solved it and feel very relaxed now. Thanks guys. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
2 1/2 hours in London :?: .............you`ve saved yourself £100 @ least :p :cool:

Yes, I'm in London and apparently it could have cost me £70.00 an hour so the bill would have come too £175.00 and that's without V.A.T.

Still today my sink is still clear. What a luxury, lol

forget all liquids that you can purchase, forget a plumber... I had both sink and bath blocked and after throwing sink unblocker down the drain with no effect I decided to use my kercher jet wash.. stick the nozzle into one of the little holes and put a towel over the plug hole for any spray-back.. guaranteed results, I have used it twice now...

good luck, hope it wrks for u 2..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back