Blocked Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My soil pipe kept blocking..once the water had subsided inside the pipe, i thought I'd have a look...I was unable to open the inspection cover at the base as the builders had sunk hot and cold plumbing pipes right infront of it...anyway,

Removed a strap on boss and found piles of limescale shards (must have formed round the inside of the pipe over the years and fallen to the bottom..)

My theory is they are piled up at the base, solid waste and paper piles ontop and then backs up the pipe..

How can I get rid of these shard??
CHEMICALS??
can a plumber remove sections of the soil pipe so i can pull all the rubbish out of the base and then refit a new section??

Explosives?? lol..

Help please..as we have a Number 2's ban on the upstairs loo.......

Sponsored Links
you could try caustic soda (read instructions) but any chemical can only clear a "hole"

imagine this

piece of wood you drill a hole through it, a smaller drill will fall through the hole.

any chemical will in effect be a smaller drill after the first "dose" seeing as it will run down the hole it first made

so best way is to change whole pipe :cry:

Lime ...scale :LOL: that`s solid **** ;) I bet you don`t flush after every wee :LOL: I`ve seen a 4inch drain from a factory urinal SOLID :eek: because the auto flush had been turned off :p :mad:

Sponsored Links
Ugh!

Would that happen if the bath and basin discharged down the same pipe?

Thanks for the replies...

The soil pipe has the bath, en suite shower and basins linked to it too...

Only been in the property for a few months so cant comment on the flushing...lol...

Anyway, now I know it can be done, I'll have a crack at it. and thanks again....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back