Blocking a small window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is in the right section

I have a small window I would like to brick up, reason being we are fitting new kitchen units and they will be going where this window is situated

I'm wondering whether I could do this myself or should I get someone in. I feel confident doing it

This is the window, as you can see there are vertical bricks above the window frame, now would I have to take them out and make more work or would it be fine to leave them in?

27072009040.jpg

Sponsored Links
Structurally, it will make little difference.

Aesthetically, i would remove them as well as 'toothe' out the required half bricks in order to achieve a bond.

Structurally, it will make little difference.

Aesthetically, i would remove them as well as 'toothe' out the required half bricks in order to achieve a bond.

So if I was to remove the top vertical bricks and the tooth' out the half bricks it would be safe? The house is an old build, I dont want anything coming down on me :eek:

Sponsored Links
You may lose one maybe two bricks max, but the chances are they will all stay put. The inner leaf will be lintelled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back