Blocking an archway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Im hoping someone can offer me some advice!

We have an archway between our lounge and living room which is 206cm high and 124cm wide. I want to block this up to make two separate rooms.

Is a partition wall the way to go? Only issue with this is that the wall is textured so i would probably have to get someone in to do the plastering to make it match.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions? Im open to ideas!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You can block it in blocks or a timber stud, but you will never ever get it to match the adjacent textured coatings - it will always look like a blocked up doorway.

You'll have to replaster or re-texture the whole wall

Yeah i know, looking like we will have to have the whole wall replastered.

Was trying to think of a way to block it up but make it a "feature" but i cant think of any alternatives other than blocking it up and then skimming the whole wall.

You can form a recess and put shelves and a light in it, but it depends on how this will fit in with the rest of the room. That is your only other option

Sponsored Links
cheers Woody. Its worth considering! Thanks very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back