Stud wall in archway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on putting a stud wall in an archway to seperate the living and dining room. The archway is 160mm wide. I will be using 12.5mm plaster board on either side and skimming over to finish.

CLS timber seems to either come in 89 or 140mm width. Obviously if i went with 140 it wouldn't sit flush with the wall as it woukd protrude out, if I went with the 89 it wouldn't be wide enough.

What options do I have? Different timber, thicker plasterboard, double up the plasterboard, make one side flush and plaster the whole other side to make it flush? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I haven't done any of the above before so wondered if there was any recommendations/ pros and cons etc.

If the PB is 25mm in total and the plaster is 5mm? That's 30mm?
So you have 130mm to fill.
Either cut the 140mm down or get some other timber shut down to less than 75mm and use one on each side

Sponsored Links
89 x 38 CLS, then a 63 x 38 CLS to the side of it and fitted sideways, that gives you 127mm

Then your 2 x 12.5 boards = 152mm

Then 4mm skim each side = 160mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back