Blocks for outside steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would really appreciate some input on my new project I intend to start soon.

I need to completely rebuild my steps to my front door. I have built some basic steps before in my back garden.

My front steps reach up almost 7’ because the house in such a steep slope. I am wondering what type of blocks I should use? I am thinking medium density blocks for the outer walls (which will be rendered professionally) and maybe 215mm 7.3N hollow blocks in the middle to build up and fill the void. Then putting the actual finishing treads on the hollow blocks. Very approx I think I need 4.5m2 of blocks in the middle, which would take quite a few solid blocks to fill. Does this sound reasonable?

Any other tips or pointers you can think of would be much appreciated too!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this, but 81 views of this post and not a single reply.

Please can anyone offer some sensible suggestions and advise for me? Please....

Not much really wrong with it, can you not high pressure wash the coping stones then re-rendering?

Sponsored Links
Well if you're dismantling the existing walls and steps, you'll be able to use the rubble to fill the void. Or am I misunderstanding you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back