Blond Moment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new van. Filled up for the first time today.

Parked at my usual pump...Got out, no filler cap. Hmmm...so I pulled forwards, did a U'ey and parked facing the other way on the other side of the pump to that which I was on.

Hmm...still not right.

Took me a while to work out how to place the van so the pump nozzle and filler cap were adjacent to each other.

Well, it was 2020 hours.... :oops:

Sponsored Links

Parked at my usual pump...Got out, no filler cap. Hmmm...so I pulled forwards, did a U'ey and parked facing the other way on the other side of the pump to that which I was on.

Hmm...still not right.

Took me a while to work out how to place the van so the pump nozzle and filler cap were adjacent to each other.

We all have the 'moments ;)

Look at the fuel gauge. In 99 out of 100 cars, the little symbol of a fuel pump on the fuel gauge has its handle on the same side that filler cap is on the car.

Sponsored Links
Well, only 50% of our vehicles have that graphic association. Some new cars have a little arrow incorporated with the fuel pump graphic, pointing to filler cap.
:D

Hmm...still not right.

So basically you didn't familiarise yourself with the vehicle before driving it away from the showroom?

Tut, tut, tut. :LOL: :LOL:

No! I didn't pick it up, it came to me.

You know how it is,

"Look round it guv, sign if it's ok then I'll give you the keys..."

HD, It's a VW Caddy, twin sliding door.

Sponsored Links
Back