Blowing noise in Focus Diesel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ford Focus TDCI 2005 that I have had from new started making a funny noise yesterday.

When I put my foot down to accelerate in any gear I can hear the sound of air blowing from the dashboard area? Its not the blowers or aircon. I turned them off. It sounds like a pressure leak or something. I'm sure I can hear it from outside the car as well!

Any ideas. I'm going on a long journey on Saturday.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check out the air pipes from the turbo to the intercooler for splitting or disconnection. Cheers John

Check out the air pipes from the turbo to the intercooler for splitting or disconnection. Cheers John
Exactly right! When it happened to my turbo diesel, it sounded like 'The phantom Rasberry Blower' it was that loud it used to turn heads. :LOL:

Wotan

I will not be able to get it fixed by the weekend. If it is what you think. Is it OK to drive I'm driving about 120 miles away tomorrow morning.

Sponsored Links
I would imagine that the engine would be well down on power if there is a pipe adrift....often the engine management light would be on too. There shouldn't be any issues with driving the car in that state, but I would want to know if it was mine just to be on the safe side! Cheers John

do not drive if you suspect an air leak on the inlet side, turbo will attempt to keep pressure by overspinning and possibly failing, another thing that can cause this noise is a blocked exhaust system usualy caused by a failed cat, also best not to drive, if you do, drive slowly.

i have just had that noise on a focus 1.8tdci i test drove at the weekend,dealer supposed to be fixing it for 2nd test,take it its not a major thing??? :rolleyes: justin..

My Ford Focus TDCI 2005 that I have had from new started making a funny noise yesterday.

When I put my foot down to accelerate in any gear I can hear the sound of air blowing from the dashboard area? Its not the blowers or aircon. I turned them off. It sounds like a pressure leak or something. I'm sure I can hear it from outside the car as well!

Any ideas. I'm going on a long journey on Saturday.

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem, did you find the cause and a solution?

As above, check the rubber pipes for splits. It is a fairly common problem.

Sponsored Links
Back