blown render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone tell me the reason for replacing blown render on outside of house? If its not cracked just making hollow sound when tapped
I

Sponsored Links
paul161201, Good evening.

Several things going on here.

1/. If the render is indeed blown and sounds Boss when tapped there is a reasonable possibility that the render does actually have cracks in it, OK you may not be able to actually see them, the cracks can at times be microscopic, this is down to the nature of Cement and how it breaks down and breaks up.

2/. The area of render that has De-bonded can at times be fairly small, that is a small "Roughly" circular in area can be tolerated, however once the area of detaching Render gets larger then there will probably only be one option.

3/. With respect, I note you live in Scotland, there are loads and loads of issues with failed and failing render on Ex-Local Authority properties all over Scotland, you see patchwork patching on gables and front and rear elevations of such properties, I believe that the Specification used by the Scottish Local Authorities was seriously flawed ?

4/. A Question? does your property have injected cavity wall insulation?? [of any type] If so then this can have a huge bearing on your problem, especially is the property is in a very exposed position. There is a burgeoning industry in insurance backed Repairs as regards Cavity Wall insulation, Nudge, Nudge??

5/. Now for your Question? replacing the render if Boss will need to be undertaken at some point, that point will depend on how large an area of render has blown, Any chance of you uploading a digital image? of the areas involved.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back