Blown Sockets - Diagnostic Assistance Needed Pleeeeease?

Hi Eric. With pretty much everything else off/unplugged, the freezer still triggers the RCD (after about 10 seconds of being switched on!).
Ref the dishwasher (which is now disconnected and pit in the garage - assumed dead): I'm pretty sure I tested this with nothing else on also, and the RCD triggered.
So seemingly, from what I understand, I have either (1) Two appliances that died coincidently at the same time, OR (2) an neutral/earth fault (that is common to both RCD circuits)...or a combination of both?

Sponsored Links
The problem is I do have a couple on insulation testers, so if a RCBO trips (I decided I did not want the hassle of using one RCD for many circuits) I can test items easy, so I have not needed to test by seeing what trips my RCBO.

The same likely applies to every electrician, we have the test gear, so no point trying to use a process of elimination.

If the item is a low wattage which trips the RCD likely it is that item, if the item is a high wattage then often it is not that item at fault. But how to test without test equipment not so sure, as never needed to do it.

Well that's interesting ... I did once have something similar after a burst pipe got several appliances, sockets and plugs wet.
I realise that the discussion has now changed to one primarily about RCD trips, but are you really saying that you have experienced a B32 MCB (or, come to that, any MCB) operating as a result of 'water ingress'?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I realise that the discussion has now changed to one primarily about RCD trips, but are you really saying that you have experienced a B32 MCB (or, come to that, any MCB) operating as a result of 'water ingress'?

Kind Regards, John
Yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back