Blowtorch advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im looking into getting a new blowtorch, one that takes propane or MAPP disposable cylinders. My local plumbers merchant stocks Bullfinch and recomends them. Has anyone ever used one? or had one? what do you think of them? just interested as i was going to go with the Rothenberger super fire 2. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of bullfinch ,I thought it was bird of some kind stick with the Rothenberger super fire 2 is what i use and there are some special offers on at the merchants free map gas etc

I second Happyplumber.
Super fire 2 is best by far.
Only problem is you can't use the bottles as a hammer like you could with a primus ;)

Only problem is you can't use the bottles as a hammer like you could with a primus

Aye, we've all been there Tam, sometimes even leaving a circular mark on a floorboard!!!

Sponsored Links
I tend to find that my blowtorch is extremely usefull for lighting barbeques and on November 5th. I have also used it to make creme brulee.

In addition to its "hammering" qualities alreay outlined, it really is becoming a swiss army tool :LOL: :LOL:

bullfinch is a trade name thats been around for years when it comes to blowlamps for plumbers. google them to get full catalogue of torch's.
the rothenburg torch's fall apart and are very expensive for what they are.

I tend to find that my blowtorch is extremely usefull for lighting barbeques and on November 5th. I have also used it to make creme brulee.

In addition to its "hammering" qualities alreay outlined, it really is becoming a swiss army tool :LOL: :LOL:

I oppose such frivolity. stuff and nonsense. what about disused warehouses? no-one ever thanked me for 'wet feet'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back