good blowtorch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a small blowtorch that I bought from B&Q a few years ago, It has a Benzomatic propane cylinder.
I have used it for some small plumbing jobs.

I find it barely gives out enough heat, if there is a lot of pipework to dissipate the heat then it takes forever to get the copper hot enough to solder.

Can anyone recommend a better type of blowtorch that will get the pipes hot enough in a few seconds, just like plumbers use ? Or am I doing something wrong.

Many Thanks in advance.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Well, I'm no plumber but I have a rothenberger superfire 2 with mapp gas, seems to work ok, for the admittedly very small number of plumbing tasks i perform.

If you try and solder on pipe with any moisture in them it's likely to fail??
Copper needs to be dry to achieve correct temp.

Hi,

I have a small blowtorch that I bought from B&Q a few years ago, It has a Benzomatic propane cylinder.
I have used it for some small plumbing jobs.

I find it barely gives out enough heat, if there is a lot of pipework to dissipate the heat then it takes forever to get the copper hot enough to solder.

Can anyone recommend a better type of blowtorch that will get the pipes hot enough in a few seconds, just like plumbers use ? Or am I doing something wrong.

Many Thanks in advance.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Have a Bernzomatic TS4000 myself. Very happy with it. Think its the same as the Rothy. Same body at least.

I have the same as whitespirit, they seem expensive at first but I couldn't get one quick enough when I was in a position which required me to turn the old blow torch i had upside down and had a huge fire ball shoot towards my face.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back