soldering gas ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - got a bath and sink to plumb and an outside tap..ive got a standard blowtorch with a butane gas canistor..trouble is at angles or when im trying to solder some pipe at awkward angles the torch flares up and goes off...im good at soldering but was just wondering will a more hotter propane/butane mix gas cannistor be better or is it just me ? i was thinking of getting this below as it seems to be a much hotter gas, as the standard butane take time to heat the pipe..any help and suggestions would be great...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/gogas-butane-propane-mixed-gas-cartridge-350g/58559

Sponsored Links
Torches with full gas cylinders are more prone to picking up liquified gas and flaring than torches with near empty ones.

I keep a near-empty gas cartridge to use at odd angles

Sponsored Links
Map gas is better if you can obtain it, as its a mixture of propane and butane. also a warm water soaked rag around the canister helps.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back