Blue copper pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should I be worried about blue on my copper gas pipe in a couple of places? The pipe was fitted around 18 months ago and held in place next to the wall with some plastic brackets. Basically I've had a lot of problems with damp to that wall (which to my knowledge has been rectified). But the blue on the pipe seems to have been caused by where the plastic bracket screw has rusted off the wall, rather than something else such as flux. Hope this makes sense. Anyhow should I be worried about this?

Sponsored Links
So no damage is being done to the pipe then, in the same way flux could? Is there any special way of cleaning it/preventing it?

You can clean it off with a green nylon pan scourer and water, then dry it with a cotton rag.

Sponsored Links
Duraglit or Brasso wadding will polish it up like gold.

Use a brass or stainless steel screw for the pipe clip if the wall is not dry, to avoid rust. BZP will rust after a short delay.

I like to paint my gas pipes yellow.

Cheers everyone, I'd started to imagine it could bust open or something. Sorry for being dramatic and thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back