Blue plastic tap isolating washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
I just snapped the blue plastic tap isolating washing machine... Can i just replace the plastic tap and how?

Attachments

• _20211212_211929.JPG
    _20211212_211929.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 599
Sponsored Links
There is a tiny metal screw to remove (dont throw it away) then the plastic handle will pull off. You might find a new handle in the local Homebase, B&Q type shop.

Looks an older type, so you may struggle.

when you undo the screw you will find a square spindle that you can turn with a very small spanner if you need to turn the water off until you fit the new lever

you might as well buy a complete new valve. It sounds like your old one is getting stiff. Sometimes they come packed with a red and a blue lever.

Sponsored Links
There is a tiny metal screw to remove (dont throw it away) then the plastic handle will pull off. You might find a new handle in the local Homebase, B&Q type shop.

Undo the screw that holds the blue handle onto the valve ,and pull the handle off. You can operate the valve with a spanner on the square end shaft that the blue handle sits on.
There are different manufacturers of those isolation valves ,and the plastic handles are not always interchangeable. Easy enough to fit a complete new isolation valve.

I have an old Britool spanner, with (I think) a 1/4" and a 3/8" tapered square, intended for brake bleed nipples on old cars, which seems to fit most plumbing spindles.

Replace the valve or the lever. Don't leave it and don't rely on a spanner which you might not have to hand should you need it.
Every now and then, water appliances **** themselves and **** water everywhere. you need to be able to shut it off quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back