Washing machine inlet Connector pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm hoping there is a really obvious solution to this problem from those that know....

Just had the house replumbed with new isolator valves for a dishwasher and washing machine. The problem I have is that when the inlet hoses for both appliances are screwed to the isolator valves you cannot switch the water on or off as the plastic screw caps on the hoses are too thick and obstruct the movement of the little taps. Is there any easy solution to this problem such as an alternative isolator valve?? Both appliances are pretty new so pretty standard hoses are provided.

many thanks...

Sponsored Links
Usually that shouldn’t happen.
A photo would help.
You could use 3/4” x 15mm male straights for hose connections and cuttings of 15mm to lever operated 15mm x 15mm in-line small lever valves. That type of valve is much superior to normal cheap washing machine valves

Hi,
Hope this pic makes sense or even uploads..
You can see that the plastic thumb push tabs obstructs the movement of the on/off tap but even if they are not there, the thickness of the screw cap also obstructs the tap movement.

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 216
Sponsored Links
The handles are on the wrong way. Unscrew and pull the blue plastic handle off and turn it around 180deg and refit. The handle will then turn open towards the back of the valve rather than turn open towards the front.

You do have the hose on the wrong way though as @The Novice suggests, that end goes on the washing machine.

Not sure that the thickness of the screw caps differ at either end of the hose but I'll have a look in the light tomorrow... thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back