standpipe for washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

Super-basic plumbing question...

I'm trying to raise the height of the wall waste water inlet for my washing machine. The washing machine (Bosch) has a standard waste water hose that fits into the male screw connector on the wall. Problem is that this male connector is too low. I need it to be 60cm higher.

What should I buy (exactly) to raise the height. I need a female screw connector smae as on the washing machine hose, 60mm of pipe, and male connector same as on the wall. I can't seem to find this anywhere to buy! Suggestions appreciated.

A

Sponsored Links
No, the problem is the height. The drain inlet on the wall has to be 60-90mm above the base of the machine. At the moment it's at the bottom of the machine. So I need a vertical pipe to get the height up to 60mm at least.

I need something like the vertical part of this http://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-trap-40mm/18640
but not sure it'll fit or even if it's the right thing.

Thanks!

Sorry I meant 600-900mm above the base of the machine...

I need the washing machine hose pipe to screw into the top the vertical pipe (so it needs a male screw fitting suitable for a washing machine hose pipe). And I need the vertical pipe to have a female screw connection on the bottom that fits the male screw connector on the wall.

Cheers, A

Sponsored Links
I can't see on that pic, but on some traps the vertical pipe is just plain pioe into a socket. If yours is a threaded pipe then buy a different one as I described, and a length of 1.5" tube to replace the vertical length. If that makes sense. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is! It doesn't matter where the trap is, it is the height of the top of the stand pipe that counts.

Is that what you mean?

That could be it...

Do you happen to know what type of screw fitting should I buy to go on the one on the wall? I've bought two already (one 32mm, one unknown - maybe 40mm, both are too big to screw on to the one on the wall)...and it's getting a little frustrating. Both DIY shop men told me it'd definitely fit.
This *has* to be a standard washing machine size because the washing machine outlet hose fit perfectly to it.

[quote="hawkez99";p="2082205"]That could be it...

Do you happen to know what type of screw fitting should I buy to go on the one on the wall? I've bought two already (one 32mm, one unknown - maybe 40mm, both are too big to screw on to the one on the wall)...and it's getting a little frustrating. Both DIY shop men told me it'd definitely fit.
This *has* to be a standard washing machine size because the washing machine outlet hose fit perfectly to it.[/quote]

Ok. Another thought. Take the upstand pipe off. Take it to a merchants and buy a compression socket that fits, and a short length to use as en extension. Then just buy a clip that fits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back