Disconnecting a Bosch Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to disconnect the in-laws washing machine for the arrival of a new one tomorrow.

This box is called the Aqua Stop and somehow has a 240v supply.

The big nut above it is pretty tight and can't get it to budge easily.
When I turn it, it just turns the whole isolation valve round the copper pipe.
If I hold the nut above the isolation valve it screws the isolation valve in to the nut further.

Any tips to free the washing machine?
Should I just disconnect the hose at the machine end and use the old hose for the new machine (warranty invalidation?)

Cheers,
Jack

22569.jpg

Sponsored Links
What you see is the cold water inlet pipe, with its electrical valve in the end - many machines have this valve within the machine casing, but not in this case.
The new machine will have its own system which should be used.
You need to grasp the check valve (somehow) and unscrew that chewed up nut.....access doesn't look that good!
John :)

Access could be better. So, I will remove the plastic tap lever, grip the valve and turn the big nut to undo but it is running out of thread! Hope there is enough to take it off.

Thanks for the advice John :)

If your luck is in, and you can isolate the cold supply somewhere else, its often possible to replace the isolator valve, but keep the original (top) nut and olive.....some sealant and a few turns of ptfe tape around the olive is a winner.
Thats supposed to be the simple part of plumbing a washer in :eek:
Good luck with it mate.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I closed the cold feed off to the kitchen and disconnect the isolation tap and removed that with the pipe still attached. I was then going to split the aqua stop from the tap but the delivery guy arrived and offered to do it so let him do it which didn't look too hard.
It's a shame that the new machine turned up with a whacking great dent in the front and back. Now awaiting another new machine sometime this week. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the advice :)

Where can the caps be bought to cap off the inlet pipe (cold water) to the washing machine. Or is it ok just to turn the valve off and not cap the pipe off as well? (moving home).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back