Bluetooth file transfer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My laptop has bluetooth built in but I've got a Belkin Bluetooth USB plugged into the desktop.

I can transfer files from the desktop to the laptop but I can't transfer from the laptop to the desktop.

Anybody know if it's something to do with the setup or do bluetooth's have different capabilities?

Sponsored Links
To be honest bluetooth isnt great, you would be much better sharing the files accross the network, I assume they are both connected up to a router? If so you can just share the files/folders accross the network and access them this way, this is going to be much faster and easier.

Ooh, that sounds better cos bluetooth takes forever and a day to transfer a file.

How do I do it across the network?

Sponsored Links
Ooh, that sounds better cos bluetooth takes forever and a day to transfer a file.

How do I do it across the network?

Depends on the operating system but usually straight forward.

If both are connected up to the same router somehow then they should be networked together.

Right click on a folder you wish to share, select sharing and security, then tick share this folder.

This folder is now shared to the other pcs, to access it go to my network places and browse for the other computer, once found you can create a shortcut to the desktop for that folder.

Back