BLUM HINGES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Purchased a bathroom cupboard from ikea but didnt like the doors so bought some different ones thinking they would be compatible!!!

They are not!! Hinges still similar in style/principle but size is the problem and when the hinges are in situ on the door they dont line up with the holes on the frame.

As the hinge fits the door correctly I see that the easiest solution is to drill more holes (2 for each hinge) on the frame.

My question is what measurements? The hinges have no details. How far into the frame??

Just to add they are blum 125 hinges if this helps. I have looked on their website but its all gobbledy gook :oops:

Sponsored Links
Take a look at this thread elsewhere which has the drilling centres you need (having put it up once, why spend the time to repeat the exercise?). Depth? Basically as long as the screws are, but probably circa 10/12mm

The cupboard is brand new and I have never put the coordinating door on.

I meant how far in from the outside of the frame to place the mount.

But no worries I have managed to find what I am looking for!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Quite possibly!!

No need now, found the exact measurements on a website, took me 20mins or so and they are up and looking preeetty ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back