BM751 gas valve

I have 3 Woodstock 8's 2 of which have failed valves One is still working is the working one of any interest? :?:

Sponsored Links
Leakyliam, I am in exactly the same situation as you were - i.e. solid fuel Aga previously converted to gas with a BM751 valve which has given up the ghost.

Was very interested in your earlier post when you reported success in sourcing a suitable conversion kit. Please could you let us know if this has now been successfully fitted, and if so PLEASE post the contact details of the supplier!

Many thanks

I know that this forum is now 3 years old but --- I have an Aga with a dead BM751 and need a replacement. Any ideas?

We were advised that this valve is no longer available. Our technician obtained a Don Gas Refurbishment Kit, which uses a different valve, from Don Heating Products in Exeter (tel 01392 444070 or [email protected]). It came with a complicated set of instructions and was not a quick installation by any means. However, since it was fitted a couple of years ago it has worked very well.

Sponsored Links
I know that this forum is now 3 years old but --- I have an Aga with a dead BM751 and need a replacement. Any ideas?

A lot can change in three years!

For a start Chris Hutt who had one sadly died last may!

Ollski is still around and may have changed his mind about selling his valve. You could send him a PM.

Tony

I bought the valve from EBay but alas it had the incorrect temp sensor - for the lower temps - not for the 150 - 350 degree C range.

Is it possible to change the sensor and fit a generic one for the higher temperature range?

Why not bite the bullet and buy the upgrade kit?????

it was obvious that a BM valve from a Woodstock gas space heater was going to have a diffrent temperature range to an AGA!!!! :rolleyes:

The valve is obsolete, you have done well to get the wrong BM vave the odds are stacked against you to find the correct one in working order!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back