Servowarm elite 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to source a gas valve for this old boiler can anyone help the pilot light went out yesterday.
Has anyone had any joy finding spares for the elite 80

tried with no joy servowarm, parts centre, plumb centre, ezyparts,malvern boilers

Thank

Sponsored Links
Why do you want a gas valve if the pilot has gone out. :eek:

2 plumbers have checked the boiler and both have said the same thing, gas valve

Why do you ask? what do you think is the prob

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there's a possibility that the honeywell HW225 from abcott UK link http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/Product.as... to see if it's what i need Regards Katie

If its the HONEYWELL(grey button) one with themostat knob on it that goes 123 .
It can be made using a standard grey push button valve , providing the stat part of old valve is not the problem

Just looked at abcot site and providing valve is how i discribed above then ,yes this can be used , its just a case of removing the bits off new valve and adding the modulartor bits off the old valve.

Looking at abcot site it also seems to have the modulator bit. its at the bottom of page

Thanks i'll pass comments on to the plumber as i have no idea

nightmare with the credit crunch it's looking more and more likely we have to invest in a new boiler

Regards
katie

Just had a further look it could be done with part HW1000 at £29
Providing who ever does it does not damage the existing gaskets on removal of bits off old valve

yep but you are still left with an obselete boiler?

what happens when the next thing fails.

bite the bullet and change it

thats my humble opinion

:)

yeah i can see your point £29 fix or only £2000 new boiler install .No argument really :LOL: :LOL:

got the bits already on the van so know need to charge retail :LOL: £29 for half hour probably give her some change back :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back