Servowarm Elite 50 Gas Valve Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our Servowarm Elite 50 has had the thermo coupler and the overheat cutoff changed successfully but now a warning notice is on it because the gas valve has gone. I've spoken to Servowarm who have advised that this part is now obsolete. My question is, does anyone know anywhere I could get a replacement or reconditioned part?
Otherwise it looks like new boiler time....

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
We have managed to deal with failed gas valves on your model for our clients.

However I cannot give advice on gas components to non CORGI registered people.

Why dont you ask you another CORGI engineer? Some of us are prepared to make an effort to repair boilers. Mosty just want to fit a new one as thats more profitable for them.

Look for a CORGI who only does repairs!

Tony

What do you mean by gone, is it leaking, not opening to full gas ,or is the themostat fitted on it not cutting down. depending on which fault depends wether it can be repaired or is for the scrappy

They're only 40 quid, plus fitting not worth messing with

Sponsored Links
DIA if it is the the stat thats gone then its not repairable and if gas valve passing or leaking through grey button then solenoid is not going to make a difference and will need new gas valve with mod made to it with existing stat

That is true namsag, but I have never seen a gas valve leak in 49.4 years.

Ok I'm wrong to assume they don't leak but it has to be rare.

In 27 years I have seen quite a few gas valves both leak out of the diaphragm, leak up through the push button or pass un burnt gas either via the pilot when carryig out a tightness test or even pass on main flame giving a constant small bead of flame on the burner.
It is a safety device and as such should only be worked on by RGI.

DIA you need to get out more. :LOL: leaking gas valve not that un common but i then we used to do up to 17 P1`s(leaks and fumes) a day so would come up against it far more than any independent would. As well as all the meter changes we used to do.
The old turn valves on Ideal e types etc where a favourite for leaking and you could actually replace that part of the valve, red and white push buttons where a nearly as bad, the main prob with grey push button valves is pilot passing when off or not completley closing when just meant to be on pilot.
God 49 years, another 20 years for me to go then :cry: :cry:

Other than call outs and servicing an average job for me would be 6-12 months :LOL:

No comments about being bl00dy slow please :LOL: :LOL:

Honeywell solenoid is available from, but you will need a Corgi number.

Thats encouraging a DIYer to do his own gas work!

Marvellous Mod 10 should have deleted that posting!
>>>>>he has!

That firm will sell gas parts to anyone! Totally irresponsible if you ask me!

Tony

Is it encouraging people to fit parts or just stopping them getting ripped off by people marking up parts by 100% plus

Is it encouraging people to fit parts or just stopping them getting ripped off by people marking up parts by 100% plus

What would you consider a reasonable mark up? bearing in mind it has probably had to have been collected etc. By the way I don't mark things up by 100% but do add a % on to cover my time etc.

I dont add anything whatever it costs to get to my door that is what i charge it is a 1 minute phone call and part is with me next day.
Why lie to customer if you want to make 100 quid for fitting the part then tell them don`t hide it by saying part costs more which is what marking up price is doing.

I wish Tesco's etc worked on that principle. :)
I only add a small amount but then again if I go to a job and don't rectify on the first visit I do not charge for that visit, Only charge when job is complete.
Do you charge for your time if you go to a merchant to collect materials etc ?

Nope as i can be at merchants within ten mins from anywhere in town due to good road network. I also never charge unless job is finished, Price i give is the price i want and if i balls up its my fault not he customers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back