Servowarm Elite 50 Gas Valve Anyone?

If given make and model then I dont charge anything to go and get part or to return to fit it.

We charge fixed prices for small parts like £23 for AAV, £28 for APS, £65 for pump but expensive bits are HRPC cost to us plus sometimes £10 if we have to specially collect otherwise parts fitted free appart from the initial diagnostic fee.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Honeywell solenoid is available from, but you will need a Corgi number.

Thats encouraging a DIYer to do his own gas work!

Mad Mod 10 should have deleted that posting!

That firm will sell gas parts to anyone! Totally irresponsible if you ask me!

To0ny

Tony I said he would need a Corgi, and in any case DIY gas is not illegal, and in any case 2, an DIYer is more likely to electricute himself than blow the boiler up changing an solinoid

Er.... you said he would need a CORGI number implying that that firm would only sell parts to a CORGI.

Very unfortunately, they sell parts to anyone who pays!

Should not be allowed!

Tony

Er.... you said he would need a CORGI number implying that that firm would only sell parts to a CORGI.

Tony

That was the impression I was trying to give, true.

But since you have told him anyone can buy the parts, and its not illegal for him to do the job if he's competent, there's not a lot I can say is there.

Sponsored Links
However I cannot give advice on gas components to non CORGI registered people.

Why dont you ask you another CORGI engineer? Some of us are prepared to make an effort to repair boilers. Most just want to fit a new one as thats more profitable for them.

Look for a CORGI who only does repairs!

Tony

I never say that its legal for a DIYer to do gas repairs!

Thats only Drivel and Co, oh yes and DIA as well!

Its irrelevant that a COMPETENT person can do repairs in their own home because apart from retired gas people there are hardly any competent people with the test equipment.

Nor do I agree with Drivel that a non CORGI can do work for anyone if not paid. The obvious situation is that no one is going to go round doing unpaid work unless its for a very close relative like a parent or ex-wife. If they did than obviously there is some payment in kind.

Fit boiler free, unblock toilet £600 ! Does that really ring true?

Tony

"Builders" have been prosecuted for fitting bathrooms for double price and boilers "free". Payment isn't mentioned in the law. The verb used is "employ", which does not prima facie mandate payment.

Certain Charity work is okj Tony

I know because I asked when the scouts club wanted some work doing

The regulations permit genuine unpaid work!

However no normal person is going to live on nothing to enable them to be working for free all the week!

There is also the interesting question of insurance. No thinking man would ever let an unqualified person without insurance do gas work for them even if it was for free.

In any case where are all those people working for free? Can you let me have their details as they could do lots of work for me!

No one I ever meet ever does anything free!

Tony

Has anyone got the installation and servicing manual for an elite, because I cant find one not for love nor money. cheers

I have it for tomorrows work, gas valve gone on a elite 80, sorry dont have gc number. can you still help.

Have you found a gas valve then.

Not got the manual for the 80.

no, but only going on word of custard, could be anything as of yet, hope its not the gas valve as going by what the other chaps are saying it wont be easy.

I dont recall exactly which model you refer to without a simple description but they are so simple there is little more than the gas valve and the o/h stat involved.

Of course we dont give gas advice here.

All RGIs should be asking these questions in the CC where we can help you on any gas related topic.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back