BMW 1 Series - climate control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a 1 series and the climate control might be malfunctioning. In my previous car (SEAT Ibiza) the climate control would regulate the temperature of the air blasting out the vents without the A/C needing to be on - i.e blend cold air from outside with warm air from the heat exchanger. The Bimmer seems to just blast out 100% hot air when set to 20C unless the knob it turned all the way to blue then it's 100% cold air from outside. I would expect, without the A/C being on, that if I set it to 18C, and the car is measuring 20C then it will give slightly cooler air to get the temperature down. Nope. Continues with hot air, unless in 'blue'.

I spoke to another 1 series owner who has an M140 (posher version) and he explained there's an extra setting on the central grillws which will override the climate control settings just from those two vents. I have confirmed my M Sport doesn't have that knob.

Is it a malfunction of the C/C dampers?

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Same on my Passat, have concluded that the climate control aspect is simply the electric switch that opens and closes the water circulation hose that runs in front of the heater fan, as in the old mechanical systems.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back