Wiser installation - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Due to a quick, good deal purchase I'm now the proud owner of a Wiser Kit 2. I currently have a strange set up (but all Drayton) - all controls, boiler, hot water tank etc... are in the airing cupboard upstairs. The original set up was a single Drayton hot water and C/H controller (larger controller in pics). If it was still this, I would easily be able to just switch them out. However, due to hard-wired thermostat ALSO being upstairs (just outside the airing cupboard) I had an RC controller fitted when we moved in so we could move the wireless thermostat / programmer for the C/H downstairs. Being even lazier, now want to control everything without having to get up from my sofa.

So there's 2 controllers with wires going into the main junction:

1) From the original HW & C/H Drayton controller labelled 'H' (which is just used for HW)
2) from the newer Drayton RC controller for the C/H only (labelled 'C').

I thought it would be obvious / easy to set everything back to just the original controller for both HW & C/H but there's a couple of things I'd like to double-check with you good folks:

For both the current control boxes, there's a connection from socket no. 1 (3rd socket from left). The Wiser documentation says 'not used'

Can I remove this connection and reuse the wire for socket 4 to control C/H (and obviously move it in the junction box to go to where the current C/H call wire is (the black wire in the set labelled 'C')?

So basically
1) move the black wire on 'H' controller from the 3rd connection to the 6th connection (to call C/H)

2) Then move the other end of that wire to where the current call from 'C' controller (also a black wire) in the control box (so black wire in 9 to 15)

3) Lastly remove all wires and 'C' controller entirely.

4) That just leaves the grey actuator wire connecting to nothing. Another question... according to the Wiser diagram, this can then go directly to Live?

Thanks

Lee
IMG_20200112_191208.jpg

IMG_20200112_193158.jpg
IMG_20200112_192233.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ps - I'm also going to sort out the connections that look a bit dodgy (including the clamp for 'T' - hot tank Thermostat!)
M = Mains
T = Thermostat
B = Boiler
Black wire is actuator.

It's a bit of as mess (unused connections + looks like it's 2nd hand from a dual zone system) - what about recommendations of just pulling everything out and using the Wiser diagram?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back