Can I use Drayton Wiser 3 channel kit instead of a 2 channel kit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the Wiser thermostat kit 3 WT734R9K0902 (3 channel)will work for me if I currently only have 2 zones that require control? H/W and 1 CH zone. Obviously this will mean that I won't have a wire connected to one of the H/W ON connections on the hub.

Will this work? Will there be any issues with set up etc?

I am looking to replace my current setup of a dual channel Hive that is connected to a heat only boiler with a H/W cylinder.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I can't think why not if you have 2-Port motorised valves. As you say the 3rd channel won't be used. The only issue I can think of is if your system has a 3-Port motorised valve [aka Y-Plan]. They require a 'Hot Water off' connection and the Wiser 3 channel, doesn't have that facility.

Capture.JPG

Yes.

I have done exactly this because i realized i could remove the zone valves once i put smart heads on all the rads.

Sponsored Links
Right guys. Afraid I'm going to need your help tomorrow with a problem thrown up after replacing my dual channel Hive with the Drayton Wiser 3 channel hub.

I have removed the Hive receiver and re wired the backplate moving 3 to 2 and 4 to 3. Attached the Wiser hub, tested both the HW & CH override buttons and both fired the boiler as expected.

Installed the app and applied schedules to both HW & CH. HW schedules and boost both work as expected. CH schedules nor boost work from the app. When the CH schedule or boost is selected the green call for heat light illuminates on the hub, I can also hear the relay click but the boiler does not fire.

Obviously this has stumped me somewhat with the little knowledge that I have. Tomorrow I have in mind to move the CH wire in 3 to 1 to rule out any issue with that particular channel connection. Not really sure where to go after that IF the fault remains so I'll be open to any further suggestions that you could offer.

Thanks

Boom! and just like that it now works as expected. Once again the knowledge, expertise and willingness to help on this forum wins the day.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back