Dual channel Hive and Drayton Tempus 7 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to fit a dual channel Hive on my system which has a H/W tank, no room thermostat. I currently have a Drayton Tempus 7 controller, the backplate looks right but there are no wires into the H/W off and CH off, terminals 1 & 2. There are a couple of wires tied up in the controller but not connected. Can I just fit the Hive receiver straight on with the wiring as it is?
IMG_20201211_165037.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes it will go straight onto that backplate. Depending on what system you have you might not need a connection to HW off and you will almost certainly not need a connection to CH off.
If you have 2 valves (S plan) then it is fine as it is.
If you only have 1 valve (Y plan) then you probably will need a connection to HW off.

Yes it will go straight onto that backplate. Depending on what system you have you might not need a connection to HW off and you will almost certainly not need a connection to CH off.
If you have 2 valves (S plan) then it is fine as it is.
If you only have 1 valve (Y plan) then you probably will need a connection to HW off.
2 valves it is, so on it goes tomorrow. Many thanks.

I fitted the Hive receiver and it appeared to work properly but since then it is intermittent on firing up on the schedule and to make the boiler start I sometimes have to cycle between schedule and off 3 or 4 times. On checking the CH motorised valve the lever is totally loose and the valve must be open permanently. Could this have anything to do with the firing up problem. I actually took the Hive off and put the old controller back on and the same problem happened with firing up.
I also have Salus RT310RF receiver still wired in but set on on and manual, could this be the problem.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
with the CH and HW both off there should be a sesistance non both valve levers, if they are slack when turned off the motor is likely seized, it is the valves that tell the boiler when to fire, the hive simply controls the valves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back