BOA for changing/repairing roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently in process of buying a house which has a kitchen build over sewage pipe. When it was build the Build Over agreement was not required (because of the law at the time). Completion Certificate and PP was obtained. All the paperwork is in order.

The kitchen has got flat roof. I take in next 5 years time it might need repair or just replacement as it will be 20 years.

Suppose in future I try to change the roof from flat to pitched, will I be needing Build Over Agreement from water company? This is purely about changing roof and nothing in wall or foundation.

Is there a way to repair/replace flat roof so that you don't need to get the BOA?

From what I hear is, BOA means that water company can come and take down the extension in extreme case (however unlikely it is but technically)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back