Single brick rear extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to evryone
I bought a house which has a single brick rear extension of approx 4m×5m with a flat roof and its been done more than 10 years ago and was being used as a sun room by the previous owners.
Now i want to move the kitchen in this extension and i wanted to know if can change the flat roof into a pitched roof and also considering it has single brick walls will the walls bear the weight of a pitched roof.
Also i dont know how deep are the foundations of this extension .
Do i need a planning permission to change the roof from flat to pitched and if yes will i get it if i dont know how strong is the foundation.
Please help.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Planners aren't interested in technical details but Building Control will be. Have a look in the Planning Portal to see if your scheme is permitted development or not (I'm no expert). Foundations- dig a hole next to the wall, keep digging til you find the bottom of them is the only reliable way of determining what the place is built on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back