Board out Loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to board out my total loft space and have found some really good loft boards with laminate finish and 22mm thick. I have the foot wide joists running all the way down the bungalow side to side and then I have 6 more on top of these running full length of bungalow where they are also resting on brick. Ive been advised I can add additional 3x2 to the existing 3x2 joists which there is a lot from one end to the other to add more support and which will act as a bed for the boards. I have a peril either side with support going down into the side joists and also the triangle trusses coming down from the roof center (I know I cant remove these) or I would need to replace them somehow. Does what Ive said sound accurate? also Im assuming if the boarding is intended for loft space and storage I don't need building regs involved...
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Ive just done mine, i used the 8x2 floor board from b&q. My loft joist are also 3x2 but I added 2x2. Mine seems fine, only used for light storage.

Hey thanks,

Ive decided to create a mesh and go across the under joists and carry on going down full length of house, there are 3 3x2 doing this now and are on top of the multiple joists underneath, so I will be adding more at least another 6 rows and board on top of that.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back