Boarding/finishing under loft staircase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of advice/ideas for a solution to an awkward but of boarding and finishing needed under a new winder staircase that I've installed as part of loft conversion.

Pictures better than words basically newel sits right on edge as shown, there used to be a bedroom wall going straight up from that point now it's part of the landing and there is a step up from the main landing.

There will be a base rail and spindles going along main landing to left of picture which will then mitre right to join the new stair newel.

I just can't get my head around how I board all this up so it look right!

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I don't want to follow the stair pitch underneath it will be boarded straight down the line of the newel post vertically - bit I can't work out is where it meets the trimmer etc to the left side because of the step up on the landing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back