boat deck

TAG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of ashphalting a boat deck,(wood) can anyone advise,I am a complete diy dunce!
regards TAG

Sponsored Links
i have shot blasted many boats but have not seen ashphalt on any decks yet ,surely the wooden deck will breath and crack the ashphalt, i could be wrong though,and what about the weight,or do you mean ashphalt planks

I think I've seen it on old RN ships in the dockyards. But why do you want to do it?

Sponsored Links
Hello, thanks for the replies,to answer,many old fishing trawlers,used to have thier decks ashpalted,I am thinkinking about it, because my old wooden deck is so knackered,but still functional,so I cant restore it to that lovely oiled or varnished state, without replacing 90% of it!! IT leaks in summer but not winter,it is also and old trawler that I am restoring,and I have problems wetting the deck every day,as the engine and pumps are not yet in a working condition! regards TAG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back